Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Break


Spring break is almost over and we've had a very relaxing time. It seems like the first week was spent doing things around the house and we're left with a second week for pure relaxation (well, almost!). Our last day of classes was the 14th and I had become so wrapped up in report cards that I completely neglected to make any birthday plans. So, on Saturday we popped out to The Vault with Kelly and Allison to see Wes play a solo show. Afterwards we went to Jared's house party where Charles got to try his hand at Guitar Hero before we headed home. On Sunday we were at Mom and Dad's for a birthday dinner with Chris and Cristi and on Monday we went to Dublin Crossing for St. Patrick's Day. We arrived just as Kelly, who had been waiting in line, reached the door so we were able to pop right in. We arrived around 3:30 and only had to wait a short time for a table. We enjoyed the various bands, the Irish Dancers, and, of course, the Guinness for many hours! After one evening in, we were out again on Wednesday night for dinner with parents of one of the students that Charles and I share. They wanted to take us, as well as others from their son's support team, out for a meal. Caleb accompanied us on this one and he had a great time at The Keg and was definitely the star of the evening. We were so proud of how well-behaved he was! In the first week we also purchased a new patio set and barbecue in preparation for some sunny weather...
On Sunday Mom and I went out with Cristi and Laura to look at wedding dresses. Of course she looked fantastic in everything, but I'm pretty sure she's narrowed it down to one or two. It was kind of like being at a fashion show! After a few shops we went for lunch at Burgoo in Lonsdale. Today we took Caleb to the Aquarium. He showed a lot more interest in the Belugas and Dolphins than last time, but was a little intimidated by the prehistoric looking fish! I've added some photos in the March folder. Aside from that, we've pretty much stayed in and rented some movies in the evenings this week. We've also been having a lot of fun with the new Karaoke game that we got after my students got me hooked on it! Charles has been spending some time helping out Rina and Carl with getting their new place ready which has allowed me to have quite a bit of one-on-one time with Caleb. I've also started a Bellydancing class. The Cardio-Pilates class that I usually take on Sundays was cancelled so my instructor suggested the Bellydancing class. I love it! I don't have quite as large a dancing wardrobe as some of the veterans, but I'm getting there! I was also encouraged to get my Pilates instructor certification, so I'm looking into that as well.
Tomorrow we're going to see The Little Brother Band at the Railway Club and on Saturday we're going to Eric and Lisa's for dinner. Ahhh...I wish Spring Break could be never-ending!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Youг stуlе iѕ so unіque cоmpared to οthег peoplе I've read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you've gοt the oрρortunitу, Guеsѕ I'll just bookmark this page.

My web-site ... low back pain treatment with pilates