Tuesday, June 3, 2008


Lucky for us, the past few months have flown by and now summer is almost upon us. Of course now I'm at the point where I wish it hadn't gone by quite so quickly as teaching days are rapidly running out and I had so much more I wanted to do!
We've had a low key few months. We've seen some great movies with friends and we've discovered a new restaurant. We went with Rina and Carl to Coza a few weeks ago and then we quickly introduced it to Kelly and Cori as well. I know we'll be back again in the near future. Caleb is growing and changing so much every day. His vocabulary is expanding rapidly as he's taken to imitating pretty much a every word and short sentence that he hears! He's been having a great time playing at the park with neighbourhood kids and he looks forward to daycare every Monday where he can play with his friends. We've been trying to get out to the park or beach pretty much every weekend (as long as the weather is cooperating) and now he always wants to be outside - even if just on the veranda.
I just returned from the grade seven camping trip and it was very successful - no trips to the hospital! Now the kids have pretty much checked out and are looking forward to Splashdown and then their Grade Seven Farewell Dinner and Ceremony. Just a few short weeks left...
We've been making some plans for the summer as well. We unexpectedly won 2 - 3 day passes for the Pemberton Festival (including accommodations in Whistler) and we're also going to see Jack Johnson, One Republic,The Taste of Red & White at Bard on the Beach, and Madonna (but not until October). Since we'll be off to Hawaii next summer for Cristi's wedding, we're planning on staying around here this year (except for the odd camping trip!)
This week we're heading out to Dublin Crossing to see The Little Brother Band and we may catch a movie if we have the time! Next week is the track meet (Charles is coaching discus/shot put and I'm coaching Long Jump) and Fun Day on Friday. I imagine the next time I write it'll be summer...

1 comment:

Sky said...

Hey,
I was wondering if it would be possible to reach Charles. My name is Skylar and my Email is
Sky_lep12@hotmail.com

Please let me know

thanks!